The International Taste & Quality Institute - iTQi
iTQi is the leading independent Chef- and Sommelier- based organisation dedicated to testing and promoting superior tasting food and drink from around the world.
The Superior Taste Award is a unique international recognition based upon the blind judgment of Chefs and Sommeliers who are opinion leaders and experts in taste. It offers powerful marketing tools to differentiate food products and beverages:
Judges are selected within the 14 most prestigious European culinary and sommeliers associations such as the Maîtres Cuisiniers of France and Belgium, Academy of Culinary Arts, Hellenic Chefs' Association, Académie Culinaire of France, Verband der Köche Deutschlands, Jeunes Restaurateurs d'Europe, the Federación de Asociaciones de Cocineros of Spain, Federerazione dei Cuochi Italiana, Portuguese Chefs Association, Årets Kock of Sweden, Euro-Toques and the Association de la Sommellerie Internationale (ASI).
Detailed results of the tastings with comments and suggestions made by the judges
• A convincing and independent argument for business negotiations (B2B)
• A clearly differentiating message against competition (B2C)
• International media coverage of the Awards
Hundreds of small and large companies from more than 100 countries already benefit from the Superior Taste Award.
The Superior Taste Award
"The Michelin Guide of Food", Trends Magazine
Superior Taste Award
The following Awards can be granted to a tested product :
Exceptional products with 90% and more of total marks
Remarkable products with marks between 80% and 90%
Notable tasting products with marks between 70% and 80%
The label is a powerful marketing tool to communicate about the products and the company's success, both domestically and internationally. Its visibility brings an immediate differentiation amongst the vast choice of marketed products and reassures consumers in their buying decision.
The usage of the award is licensed for a period of 3 years
The Juries of the International Taste & Quality Institute - iTQi - are unique in the world because selected on an exclusive partnership with prestigious culinary organisations, the Association de la Sommellerie Internationale (ASI) and other highly regarded drink experts.
These judges, carefully selected by iTQi and these organisations, have been trained for long years to taste food products. They have exercised their profession in Europe but also, in countries as diversified as Japan, China, Thailand, Australia, North, Central and South America. They are passionate and enthusiast of continuously discover new flavours, unknown products whatever their origin.
Judges are chosen for their:
• extended practice in tasting
• unanimously recognized talents as Chefs or Sommeliers by guides such as Michelin or Gault Millau
• exceptionnal expertise
• capacity to describe gustatory features of food & drink products
• ability to suggest potential improvements within the framework of sensory analysis, which is the essence of their profession.
These information supplied by iTQi are very looked-after by participating companies in order to analyse the results of the tests in details. Graphs and sensory analysis reports are precious tools for the R&D;and Quality Control Managers who are in search for independent and documented opinion by taste professionals. These information are also used by Sales Managers in their business negotiations.
In order to optimize the objectivity of the test, iTQi organizes its tests :
• eliminating any interference between the jury members
• presenting products on a blind basis
• organising large jury panels. iTQi is the organisation that simultaneously gathers the largest number of international professional tasters that has contributed to build the value and prestige of the Superior Taste Award worldwide.
For the sake of transparency, iTQi authorises participating companies, on specific request, to attend the tasting.